Foot Care Treatment
All Services are provided by a Registered Nurse. Each appointment includes
- Assessment of feet & nails, ambulation, environment, foot wear, skin condition, circulation
- Treatment by cutting and filing nails, reducing corns and calluses non- invasively within our scope of practice
- Education through sharing assessment, talking about prevention/management
- Referrals to other medical professionals when needed
- All instruments – Sterilized to BC Best Practice Standards.
PLEASE NOTE: Services are provided by a RN and are not akin to or substitute for podiatry medicine. Treatment is focused on foot health, but is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with your physician.
An Appointment takes 30 – 40 minutes. Suggested visit frequency typically ranges between 6-8 weeks, but this is determined by discussion between nurse and client and can always be adjusted.
How can clients prepare for their appointment?
- On the first appointment, bring a list of current medications and your medical history
- Do not soak your feet prior to the appointment
- Do not apply lotion 24 hour prior to appointment
- Wear or bring the shoe you most commonly wear.
Cost – $60 (no tax)
Check with your extended health if they cover “nursing foot care”.
*Can be applied to health section of income tax if no other coverage – also state “nursing foot care”.
Services Provided at:
Seniors Come Share Society Langley Senior Centre
15008 26th Ave, Surrey BC 20605 51B Ave, Langley
Call 604-626-5939 Call 604-530-3020