The Advanced Nursing Foot Care course is designed for a licensed nurse to gain additional knowledge about foot care, so that they can expand their practice to include this work. This course provides all the theoretical information required and when combined with a clinical practicum complies with standards as set by the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses.
Total Course in hours: 110h for theory + 21h clinical = 131 hours. Cost: $2,495 total – including resources/supplies – Surrey location only. Bursary support is possible from BCNU for BC Registered Nurses
Course Topics include:
- Introduction to Foot Care Nursing
- Structure and Function of the Foot
- Abnormal Conditions
- Foot Care for People with Diabetes
- Wound Care
- Infection Control
- Biomechanical Assessment and Gait Analysis, Orthotics, Footwear, Physiotherapy, Strength and Balance Training
- Psychosocial Aspects of Care
- Private Practice in Nursing Foot Care
- Instruments and Preparing for Clinical
- Case Studies
- Access to the internet for the on-line theory component
- Ability to attend assigned clinical dates and location (see refund policy below)
- Active nursing license in BC and are in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nurses and midwives (BCCNM)
- Out of province nurse: You will need to connect with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCMN) to obtain a temporary license for educational purposes to attend clinical. Contact information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 604.742.6200
Toll-free 1.866.880.7101 (within Canada only)
The course is delivered in a cohort based online format, however people can proceed at their own pace throughout. Students review assigned content which may include academic papers, information brochures, videos or more. They complete exercises and participate in monitored discussion forums. A variety of quizzes and interactive self-knowledge activities provide students with feedback on their mastery of information.
You can experience all these in advance by enrolling in the Free Nursing Foot Care Sampler Course. Go to the PEDEd Learning Site. Create an account and enroll. The Free Sampler course provides you exposure to all the types of learning tasks and content delivery you work with in the course. We know you’ll like what you see.
Try this example of a self-knowledge activity
Some past nurses say:
“The Peded course is very comprehensive and if a student takes the time to do all the readings and activities, you will be well prepared with knowledge for clinical. The course sets a high standard for best practice. Tannis is an absolute guru of foot care. Her skills and knowledge is off the charts! Tannis is also very supportive. I would highly recommend this course”. Carolyn T.
“I recommend this course . I wish I had taken it earlier in my career”. Tammy O
To view a summary of our most recent student survey, click here.
The course is graded on a pass/fail basis. Students must complete all required activities to be eligible to participate in the clinical practicum. They are required to bring a portfolio of completed assignments to the clinical for discussion. Students completing both the online and clinical practicum are provided a Certificate of Completion.
While learning is serious, we also have a sense of humour and bring levity to the senior’s we work with.
Refunds: Due to the nature of the content delivery, no refunds are provided once a person has logged into a course. If you don’t complete both theory + clinical for your registered dates you will receive an incomplete and will need to register for a separate clinical course at your own expense ($750 2 day or $995 for a 3 day clinical).