The US and International Foot Care course is designed to provide a strong foundational understanding of foot health and care that can be integrated into your practice. This course provides all the theoretical information required by the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses, and is used by the University of the Fraser Valley and Vancouver Community College to teach the fundamentals of foot care to Canadian nurses. This course is a 100% remote, online course.
Given the local nature of nursing scope of practice and other health regulations, students will need to check their local regulatory requirements and rules from local nursing governing bodies prior to practicing as a foot care nurse.
Your Education and Business Package
- US and International Nursing Foot Care online theory – 115 hours
- 12 clinical practice instructional videos
- Access to PED Education Alumni group for network and access to events and information
- Entry into PEDEd Foot Care Nurses directory to advertise your business (free of charge)
- Discount for NSWOCC course (10% discount)
- Discounted access to the Onyfix / PODO Expert Certification and starter kit
Total Cost: $2500CAD (or ~$1850 USD) tax included.
Go to the Learning Site, register and start learning today!
Email email@example.com for more information.
Advanced Course topics
- Introduction to Foot Care Nursing
- Structure and Function of the Foot
- Abnormal Conditions
- Foot Care for People with Diabetes
- Wound Care
- Infection Control
- Biomechanical Assessment and Gait Analysis, Orthotics, Footwear, Physiotherapy, Strength and Balance Training
- Psychosocial Aspects of Care
- Instruments Used for Footcare
- Working Safely
- Private Practice in Nursing Foot Care
- Practice Videos
- Case Studies
- Glossary of Terms
The course is delivered in a self-paced online format. Students review assigned content which may include academic papers, information brochures, videos or more. They complete exercises and participate in monitored discussion forums. A variety of quizzes and interactive self-knowledge activities provide students with feedback on their mastery of information.
You can experience all these in advance by enrolling in the Free Nursing Foot Care Sampler Course. Go to the PEDEd Learning Site. Create an account and enroll. The Free Sampler course provides you exposure to all the types of learning tasks and content delivery you work with in the course. We know you’ll like what you see.
Some past nurses say:
“The PEDEd course is very comprehensive and if a student takes the time to do all the readings and activities, you will be well prepared with knowledge for clinical. The course sets a high standard for best practice. Tannis is an absolute guru of foot care. Her skills and knowledge is off the charts! Tannis is also very supportive. I would highly recommend this course”. Carolyn T.
“I recommend this course . I wish I had taken it earlier in my career”. Tammy O
To view a summary of our most recent student survey, click here.
The course is graded on a pass/fail basis. Students must complete all required activities to complete the course, including tests and the creation of a portfolio. Successful completion will provide a Statement of Completion.